Wotje Atoll

Wotje Atoll
Taking off from Wotje Atoll

Saturday, July 07, 2007








Here is something else that I wanted to share with you all. I first went to Langnaar in 2005 with Pastor Ronald Matthew. There I met Pastor Tirok and his wife Elentina. We were on a short mission trip to take supplies and do some teaching. We were accompanied by Cathy Bentley from Winter Haven Worship center. This was my first trip to the outer islands and it really touched my heart. I saw the needs of that young pastor and his people.
We had brought a boat with us to carry supplies and also to fish while we were there. Fishing is how the outer island people survive. I saw the pastor and his church use the boat to catch many fish because they had a boat. That night a woman went into labor. The medic was across the atoll which was about a half days walk from the church.
They loaded her into the boat and they took her for medical help and the baby was born with no problems. As I talked with Pastor Tirok and his deacons I saw that they need a boat. They wanted to spread the Gospel all over the atoll. That is when the boats for outer island pastors was birthed in my heart. Now in Langnaar they have a new pastor his name is Joni Labjanil. Pastor Joni was one of Dr Lew and Mariesa Davis’s students in CTC. He is now the pastor of that church.
So on this trip Pastor Tirok was the one who captained the boat back to Langnaar. The Lord has a funny way of doing things sometimes but this one really touched me. It is so like the Lord to send the pastor who started the vision as the captain of the boat. The vision was started by this pastor and completed by delivering this boat to the new pastor. Pastor Tirok and his family are now pastoring a church in the north on the atoll of Ailuk. We again are believing for a boat for him and his work there. God is so good. In the pictures Pastor Tirok is on the right and pastor Joni is on the left. The other picture is of Pastor Tirok leading the morning devotion for the church. The top picture is a picture of myself and Pastor Ronald Matthew, the head of the Full Gospel Churches, who accompanied me on the trip. Be blessed in all that you do.

Running with the Vision,
Steve, Shawn , Travis, Stephen and Richard

No comments: