Wotje Atoll

Wotje Atoll
Taking off from Wotje Atoll

Saturday, April 05, 2008

Honoring Mom and Dad




One of the Joys I had when I was back in the states was to help celebrate the 50th wedding anniversary of my Mom and Dad. Together for 50 years, a true testimony of what a Godly marriage should be. All of my brothers and families were there. From left to right, Paul, Scott, Dad, Mom, Tim and of course me. The only ones who could not make it of course were my family Shawn and the boys, they were in Majuro. At the celebration, many of Dad and Mom's friends came by to celebrate with them. It was an awesome day for everyone.
Dad and Mom have certainly been great role models for all of us. For 50 years they have set the example of what a marriage should be. Raising four boys I am sure was not an easy task. I will always be thankful that they had all of us in church every Sunday and Wednsday so that we could learn about our Father in heaven. All of my brothers are prosperous and have awesome families. We have never been without and God certainly has supplied every need we have ever had.
The example of following God, love and integrity has certainly been a major factor in all of our lives. Thank you Dad and Mom for all that you do and continue to do in our lives and once again may God continue to richly bless you as you follow him.
Running with the Vision,
Steve, Shawn, Travis, Stephen and Richard
Majuro, Marshall Islands

No comments: