Wotje Atoll

Wotje Atoll
Taking off from Wotje Atoll

Friday, June 20, 2008

The Weekend of Storms/Father's Day




Well I do want to tell you about my weekend. It certainly was full of surprises. First of all here are pictures Shawn and Travis. Both are doing well and are healed in the name of Jesus. Travis is back to his old self, a little sore but he is good. Shawn, she has never even slowed down. God is so good. Here is a snap shot of the last weekend here in the Marshall Islands. First of all I want to give God all of the glory for what he is doing here in the islands. Some of your who read our BLOGs know that I wrote a post about storms in our lives. This weekend was certainly a stormy weekend. I also want to tell you that in the middle of it all, we glory in our tribulations for God works in the middle of the storm (Romans 5).
Anyway the week was full prior to the weekend. Teaching in CTC and finishing up the last of school for Ajeltake Christian Academy. We also had a funeral going at the same time! The week was full. Friday night we had a healing service at Rairok Full Gospel Church with the youth. It was powerful. The Holy Ghost moved, people were healed in the body, mind and spirit. It was an awesome time in the Lord. I arrived home about 10:30 that night. After sharing with Shawn about the service I laid down to sleep. About 1:30 in the morning Shawn calls me. She is in great pain and we knew it was a kidney stone. I laid hands on her and prayed and we just believed God. We decided though to go to the hospital and have her checked. On the way to the hospital Shawn felt the Lord healing her body. She got checked out, all is well and we are on the way home. I finally got to sleep about five in the morning. What a night.
I got up early on Saturday morning and began preparing to speak on Father's day. I spent the day with the Lord and at 4 in the afternoon, went to a funeral. I was there until about 8 pm and then I returned home. The next morning I was up early preparing for the service and had a great time with the Lord. We all got dressed and headed to church for Father's day. Well in the middle of the service I see Shawn get up and go out. No problem. Little did I know, Travis was in great pain and on the way to the hospital. I finished preaching was told the problem and I was on the way there. I spent all day and night with Travis. Talking with him and praying for him. Trust me it was a time. The hospital was full, no beds so we were staying in the emergency room.
He had surgery the next day to relieve the pressure and get the infection out. Another long day in the hospital but all is well. Finally at 1 am Tuesday morning we take Travis home, Praise the Lord. A long weekend of ups, downs and little sleep but through it all God was there. Peace surrounded us and we knew that He was working. Changing us and making us better. Even in the middle of the storm, when you have Jesus, you are at peace. We want to thank all of you for your prayers and support. Especially to those who read our emails and pray. Your agreement in prayer is always coveted by us here. I do want to leave you with a quote from our friends wife, they are missionaries in the Czech Republic. His wife Lucie said "Don't tell God how big your storm is, tell the storm how big your God is!" Be blessed.
Running with the Vision,
Steve, Shawn, Travis, Stephen and Catie

No comments: