Wotje Atoll

Wotje Atoll
Taking off from Wotje Atoll

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Expanding Education











Good morning from the islands. We just wanted to clue you in on the latest class offered at Ajeltake Christian Academy. Shawn has started a Home Economics class. Shawn never ceases to amaze me in what she can do. As you can see this class takes place in our home. No space goes unused on this mission compound. The girls actively participate in preparing meals, learning to budget and plan.
As far as I know this is the only class like it on the island! Everyday they are preparing meals for their fellow students. Let me tell you it is a huge success. Shawn has come up with another way to influence these young ladies. Not only in their education but in life skills. It is also a great opportunity to show each of them the love of Christ. Thank you for all of your faithful prayers and support. You are our partners in the Gospel and have a part of changing lives here in the Marshall Islands.

Running with the Vision,
Steve, Shawn, Travis, Stephen and Richard

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I miss you guys so much.I wish I was there to help you guys out.

Love ya'll,
Leeann

Anonymous said...

Oh that is so cool.I wish I was there.That a good thing girls.I love you guys and miss you.

Love ya'll,Leeann