Wotje Atoll

Wotje Atoll
Taking off from Wotje Atoll

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

News Update, What's Going On?

Good day from the islands.  We just wanted to give you all an update on the latest happening here in the islands.  As we posted last week construction in ongoing in our children's area.  The walls are down and the floor is being resurfaced.  It is amazing how much has been accomplished already.  One of the things we found out in redoing that section is that one of the older walls had termites.  This is a blessing believe it or not.  With this identified we are replacing the wood and eliminating the threat.  Praise the Lord.  It is one of the main walls separating the main sanctuary from that room.  Now it will be termite free.

On Thursday of last week we had a major power outage.  Unexpected as always and this delayed some of our construction on Thursday and Friday.  Here is the Radio New Zealand post on it!


We were totally without power for basically two days, Thursday and Friday.  This affected the hospital and all major services.  Power was finally restored by late Friday night.  We are so thankful for the workers at MEC who got it back up and running.  It highlights one of the major problems here in the Marshall Islands, old generators.  Even though they do all they can to keep them running it is a losing battle.  Without major generator replacement soon who knows what will happen.

We are thankful that we do all of our cooking with propane now.  Even in the dark Shawn still pulls off dinner without batting an eye.

At one time several years ago we had battery back up with wind generators and inverters.  Those have to be replaced now due to age and both of our inverters are unrepairable.  We are in the process of getting a bid and looking for battery backups for our main computers.  God is good and in control!

Saturday was a baby show for our new grandson, Stephen III.  Shawn spent the day preparing and it went off without a hitch Saturday night.  It was supposed to be Friday night but no power so we had to adjust.  That is one thing you learn to do here on the mission field, be flexible!

During the day Saturday we took apart the front end of our chariot.  Rust is a major fact here and we had to replace the bulbs in both of our headlights.  Upon opening it up we found out that the mounts have rusted out.

No worries, we got it back together and are now trying to fabricate mounts for the light.  This is our main transportation and it now has 150, 000 miles on it!  Praise the Lord and all of it done on a 30 mile islands.

Finally, I want to thank those who prayed for my hand.  On Friday I managed to pour a pot of boiling water on my hand.  We immediately prayed and took action.  We asked others to agree with us.  I want to report that no major blisters and all is well in the name of Jesus.  God is so good.

As always thank you all for your faithful prayers and support.  We would love to hear from you.  You can contact us at rikakisteve@gmail.com
  May you always prosper as you follow the Lord....  God bless and have a great day.

Running with the vision,
Steve, Shawn, Richard, Stephen, Terina, Kanani and Stephen III

No comments: